Medicine and health
Due to the predominance of jurisprudence in medicine, modern doctor – patient relations are subject to certain censorship. A health care facility is perceived as a place where doctors and medical staff provide services to the patient, rather than help.
Diagnostics and treatment of diseases are presented as a product on the market of services, being strongly influenced by Commerce. Therefore, medicine is a socio-social and commercial field of knowledge, where treatment is a product that the patient needs. Such conclusions can be made if we analyze current trends in the field of medicine and health care.
This policy in the field of public health leads to the need for strict regulation of the doctor-patient relationship. The state law “on health care” of each country specifies the rights and obligations of medical workers and patients. Failure to comply with the above-mentioned legal regulations may result in sanctions of various scales. It is worth noting that the law “on health care” may have differences in each individual country, however, despite this, there are theses that function absolutely in any legal state, and we will talk about them.
Therefore, doctors and medical professionals should know that the state will be on their side only if they comply with all their duties and do not violate the rights of patients.
Medical workers have the right to:
- Ensure working conditions in accordance with the current labor law.
Any exaggeration of the number of hours worked in a month that is higher than the legal norm is unacceptable if this is required by the employer, i.e. the health care institution. A medical worker can work overtime, but in this case they are required to pay a salary Supplement for each overtime hour / duty / shift.
- Protection of professional honor and dignity.
Rudeness on the part of patients is unacceptable and is punishable by administrative law.
- Assignment of qualification categories in accordance with the achieved level of professional knowledge and practical skills. Also, for each category, there should be a surcharge in the salary.
- Insurance of professional errors resulting in harm to the life or health of the patient, not related to negligent or negligent performance of official duties.
- Creation of medical (pharmaceutical) public associations in accordance with the legislation of the state.
Medical workers are required to:
- Perform their direct duties.
- To keep information confidential.
- Respectful and humane attitude to the patients and to respect their rights.
- Observe the principles of medical ethics.
- Increase the level of professional knowledge.
- Honey. employees are required to provide any patient with medical care within their capabilities. If necessary, you need to call an ambulance and decide whether to transport the patient.
- Perform other duties stipulated in the law “on health care” in each individual state.